Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where's the Depth?

Jesus, teach me how to be a person of depth.

Isolation is a tool that is used a lot by satan. Looking past all the fake smiles and the superficiality of life, you realize a lot of things. This world is full of hurting people. People who lack vision and direction. People who are just living from one day to the next. They've been hurt by someone and therefore have a wall built up. I know from personal experience that when you've been hurt, your immediate response is to put a wall up. That way, you won't be hurt again. You won't be vulnerable again so as to not get injured again. The hardest thing to do is to say "Jesus, I love this person as You and I know that they're heart was not to harm me. I forgive them for the wrong thats been done and I give that hurt to you. Bless them beyond all measure."

Because our immediate thing is is to maybe start rumors and gossip about it. Start to drag that person down. We've been hurt, and we wanna see others hurt. (Misery loves company.) All the while, those demons are egging you on.

I was just recently talking w/ a friend and we were both like "yeah, i feel really isolated..." So how do you go about and fix that? Well, i don't know. It sounds mean, but when someone asks me how i'm doing, i'm honest w/ them. I get asked constantly "you doing alright today?" and sometimes i say no. if i'm not doing ok, i tell them. hey, they asked. if the situation merits it and if i'm not betraying someone, i'll be like "nope, today really stinks." if you don't wanna know... don't ask.

I'm trying to think of the right words to say here. I've just taken notice the superficiality runs rampant nowadays alot. And i thought i'd blog about it. Maybe get discussion going or at least expose it. We all seem very busy. I know a lot of times i'm busy w/ nothingness. which is really annoying. i'm like "come on over, we'll eat something and fellowship... grab a guitar and love on Jesus and each other.."

so anyways...

No comments: