Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Apostolic Strategy

Sometime ago, the Lord laid it on my heart to understand what Apostolic Strategy is. So i've been praying and praying and praying for Apostolic Strategy. To give a definition for it, i'd say its an idea or strategy on how to take a territory and claim it for God and pray into it.

I believe i shared this before, but sometime ago, i was helping a friend of mine rebuilding his uncles cabin. The job they gave me was to knock out a portion roughly 4'x5' of a cinder block wall. Now for a guy like me, it sounded great! i get to take a sledge hammer and just go to town on this thing! All the aggression i get to take out on it...

Well, you can imagine that after a very short time, i got very winded. so i just started to chip away little by little. It was during that time that the Lord started to really speak to me about strategy. And lately, he's been bringing it up again and again. Just today, while home during lunch, i quickly jotted down some notes about "how to take a public high school for Jesus." now notice that i said for Jesus. that means non violence.

I can remember a youth pastor once telling me that he always got calls from the nearby high schools because soo many of his kids went to these schools. And whenever God would break out in the high schools, they would call him to come in and minister at the schools. What an open door!

So in light of that, i've also been working on my vision for the future. What i wanna see myself getting involved in in the coming years.

Part of that is is to be involved in working with computers. And with my new job, i'm learning a lot of that stuff. The company that i work for is Logitech. so at work, i'm on the Logitech account. In the coming weeks i'll be working the phones and troubleshooting problems for people over the phone. I'm excited.

I miss the relationships that i have with people from Wal-Mart, but it was time to move on. I'll see them in the days and weeks to follow i'm sure. I still plan on shopping there.

No comments: