Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My mission will always be missions

There is a part of my heart that cries out for other nations. I've had many cross cultural experiences. Haiti and England and Philippines and New York City... ok, so maybe the last one was a bit of my sarcastic sense of humor... or maybe not... lol. But its because these places are populated with people. And people are on my heart because they're on God's heart. Trust me, its only by the grace of God that i put up w/ some people. But i look at society and my heart just cries out to God for grace and mercy.

My first time in Haiti, my heart was officially destroyed for certain things in life. I have the hardest time forking out like $50 for jeans. so much of the stuff that we deem as 'necessary' isn't really necessary. A lot of stuff that i have, i'll admit, could probably be done w/o. but i've seen poverty to the extreme. I've seen the society that had a curse of death on it for 200 years (Haiti). I've seen what witchcraft and black magic and voodoo has on a nation. (for the record, i steer clear of Harry Potter and Pokemon and stuff like that. folks, i've seen the trading cards and i've prayed for people who have dealt w/ this stuff. it will give you devils. i say that very unapologetically.)

But in all the above, my heart goes out to people in these situations. I want to present something to them that holds weight and meat. I want to present the gospel of the Bible, not the gospel according to our American standards. but i want to present something to people that is life changing. Something that leaves them breathless.

Jesus is the only 'thing' that will satisfy. Nothing else will satisfy. you might be reading this right now, and your struggling in body. I pray that life would enter into you right now by the power of the Holy Spirit and that the Blood of Jesus would cover you and that sickness would leave you body immediately. If your struggling in mind, stop agreeing w/ the lies of the enemy. If you don't know who the world Jesus is, repent of your sins and ask Jesus to come into your heart and be your Lord and Savior.

pray this prayer: Jesus, i believe that You are the Son of God. I believe you died for my sins, that you conquered sin and death and that on the 3rd day You arose. I repent of my sins and ask for you to come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. I ask for grace to turn from my wicked lifestyle and turn into Your arms and be the son or daughter that You originally intended for me to be. I thank you for your forgiveness of my sins.

My heart will always burn to travel and minister. That's just who i am. it's who God wired me to be. And i love it! it's amazing the places i've been and the people i've talked w/. Trust me, serving Jesus is all that. you want adventure and challenge, turn to Jesus. you want to know TRUE LOVE, turn to Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe now...maybe not always.
who knows where God will lead you.

just saying to be open to his leading every day.

Anonymous said...

sorry to sound so....um...like a smart patootie.

don't mean to.

Anonymous said...

one more...

i read this blog and thought you might want to check it out.

he posts every day and always has good thoughts.

http://communityofjesus.blogspot.com/