Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Family Ties

I was just talking on the phone with a friend of mine and I was relaying some of the stories that happened in PA. Monday night, we all went out for ice cream. The six of us: Dad, Mom, Shay, Me, Amber and Austin. It was fun to go and just get some ice cream. Our family is spread out all over the globe and its a miracle when we all come together.

But this time it really made me more appreciative of my family. The mindset in our culture today is soo anti-traditional family. I'm all for change as well, but good solid Biblical change. I believe the family unit is of God's design. That's why satan is doing everything he can to destroy it.

During the private family viewing time, we all cried together and hugged each other. Sometimes you realize that all the stupid petty differences are just stupid. It's just ignorance and pride and what can i get out of it. That mentality is just flat out annoying.

In any case, my grandpa left a strong legacy. And I know why of his greatest joys was to see his kids and grandkids coming together. And that happened. PTL!

No comments: