Friday, June 1, 2007

Passion for Purity

I'm sure I don't need to explain a lot when i say that purity is not exactly a flaunted quality in our society today. As far as teen hood is concerned, being a virgin at the age of 14 or so might be considered somewhat odd. Might there be some connections with why our society is messed up and the year 1967? For those of you who aren't that well acquainted with history, I believe it was 1967 when atheist Ms. O'Hare successfully got prayer kicked out of school. And ever since then, those like her have been trying to kick got out of public life.

It's hard for me to even watch the news when everything is soo doomy. School shootings, domestic disputes etc. What will it take? What will it take for our society to get a clue? What will it take for we as a body of Christ to awaken out of our slumber and realize that we have a pandemic on our hands here? We need a revolution - a Jesus Revolution.





The Lord has really been stirring my heart lately for sexual purity. And trust me, it's not hard to get side tracked in the world we live in.



Lately, i've been looking at rings. Sort of a symbolism to sexual purity and rings. I call it a purity ring. nothing really big about the ring itself, but more so about what it stands for. The symbolism behind being that I'm committing in my heart to being sexually pure until i get married. Meaning no sex outside of marriage. It was funny because today, i went to the local mall here to look for a ring to wear. At one of the stands, I got to talking to one of the young ladies that worked there. At first, she didn't quite understand what i was doing. She asked if i wanted to get a ring for my girlfriend as well. When i told her that i didn't have a girlfriend yet, she was dumbstruck for just a second. i guess its kinda the thing you do when you get to a certain age.... your supposed to have a significant other. Not that i can blame people. it's nice to feel loved and know that someone out there is thinking about you. Just my time and girl haven't come yet. either that or i'm off.



In any case, the teen female pregnancy rate is through the roof and soo are soo many other stats. We need God back in our society.



When will the world see that we need Jesus? Perhaps when we make Him look somewhat desireable instead of a laughingstock to the world.



Just another note here... I'm wanted to put an engraving on my ring when i get it. I have to pray about it more, but i'm caught between Psa. 119:9 and Matt. 5:18.

No comments: