Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Freedom is Never Free

The above here is a video that was sent to me from a friend in Israel. My how quickly we forget history. And those who forget history are bound to repeat it. True freedom is never free. Just the other day, i saw a veteran of WW2. Nowadays, i try to make it a point to whenever i see a vet, i go over, shake their hand, salute and thank them for their service. I will never know the price they've paid for my freedom. You'd have no idea how it blesses them. I've seen grown men almost break down and start to cry b/c i came over to them and thanked them and acknowledged what they did for me.

I hate the idea of war and people being killed. I also hate the idea of evil regimes killing innocent men, women and children. Someone has got to do something. I hate the idea of my very own countrymen going over and getting killed by someone in a distant land. And my heart goes out to the families of our armed forces. I pray that God would bless them and comfort them and i pray that i would be able to stand w/ them and support them.

The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Do i agree with everything that our President and his administration does and says? No. There are things that i wish were handled differently. But i'm not in his shoes. And i'm not going to sit by and be an arm chair critic when i don't have all the facts and act like i know it all. Because i don't.

So God, bless our armed forces here and abroad. Give them strength and wisdom. God, bless our government. I pray for wisdom and discernment for our president and advisors to know how to lead and, when given all the facts and info, to act accordingly.

No comments: